As in many companies, BELGATECH staff scrupulously respects the containment measures linked to Covid-19 and had to adapt their way of working. Our team of managers work hard to maintain quality service for our Clients, to support our Consultants in their projects and to hire engineers ready to take on new challenges!
In order to run the business remotely, communication and cooperation between team members is essential. Several times a week, the staff meet by videoconference to coordinate their actions.
What are the tips for a successful virtual meeting?
- Prepare your meeting in advance and send an agenda to the participants
- Check that your audio and video equipment is working properly: computer, microphone, webcam / camera, headphones and internet connection.
- Limit the number of participants and mute your microphone when you are not speaking to avoid cacophony
- Use proven and effective digital tools: Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Record the meeting and / or make a report in order to summarize the decisions and inform any absent colleague
- Take care of your environment: lighting, background, clothes and make sure children or pets are kept busy! Good to know: some applications like Zoom allow you to create a virtual background.
- For your videoconferencing software to work well, close the applications running in the background and the downloads in progress.
- Schedule regular meetings to maintain a rhythm of work and team cohesion.
Good telework to all!